The short-lived blog, Stuff White People Like (2008-2010), was fun while it lasted (if taken in small doses). I may be the last person to have found it. But, unlike white-”liberal”-yuppie persons, being au courant isn’t “where I’m at” (to use an expression that’s probably no longer au courant).
There are 136 entries. Here are my suggested additions:
- Foreign-language films — especially if incomprehensible, even with subtitles, about angst and suffering, and without an ending (the French way).
- Dressing casually — especially at fine restaurants. It’s a fetish — like wearing shorts regardless of the temperature.
- Public schools — for other people’s children.
- Public universities —très gauche, even if you attended one.
- Going “green” — as long as it’s expensive.
- Cheese — as in “I found this wonderful little cheese store.”